10 Tips To Improve Your Self Confidence
Goutham Soratoor , 3rd Jan, 2018 , 325
Listen to Article (English-Beta)
What is self-confidence?
Self-confidence is the belief in oneself and abilities. It describes an internal state made up of what we think and feel about ourselves. This state is changeable according to the situation we are currently in and our responses to events going on around us. It is not unusual to feel quite confident in some circumstances and less confident in others.
Why is it important to have self-confidence?
In an era of intense pressure and demands placed on our lives, lack of self-confidence can hinder our work productivity and achievement prospects.
It is a known fact that those with strong self-confidence prevail in the workplace and career success is heavily dependent on having a positive outlook in life coupled with self-confidence.
How to improve your self-confidence?
The root cause of a lack of self-confidence is negative thinking which can be solved by changing the way one thinks. One should think positively so that he/she conquers his/her weakness and converts it to strength. Thus, by the power of his/her thoughts, one can improve his/her self-confidence.
As much as they can affect us in our daily lives and not just our career, there are ways that we can build our self-confidence.
Following are a few tips to work on improving your self-confidence:
1. Be Prepared
- Prepare yourself well in advance for responsibilities.
- This could perhaps be the most powerful step you can take to gain self-confidence.
- Doing this can prevent you from getting anxious and deal effectively with any inevitable surprises.
2. Know your Desires and Goals
- Analyze your goals by knowing where you are going and how you are going.
- The definition of success varies from individual to individual. So, do not compare your goals to other people’s goals and feel demotivated about your own goals.
3. Dress Sharp, Look good, Feel Strong
- Feel good about yourself.
- Physical appearance can improve the way you feel and contribute to self-confidence.
4. Good posture
- Having a good posture has been known to enhance self-confidence.
- Once it becomes a habit, it will be done unconsciously.
5. Have a role model
- Who do you respect? Who would you like to be?
- It is always good to have a role model who will set an example for you, someone who you aspire to become.
6. Speak out – Be more open
- Speaking up ideas or causes can give a sense of involvement.
- The more involved a person becomes in the workplace the more self-confidence can be built.
7. Work out – Physical fitness, Good health contributes to self-confidence
- Feeling positive about your health and body and having work-life balance can be a contributing factor to self-confidence.
8. Accept good feedback and grow
- Accept all the feedback you receive positively and aim to improve yourself.
9. Take risks
- Take calculated risks in your career to accomplish more in life.
- Going through risks can enhance self-confidence and courage.
10. Be honest and believe in your abilities
- Self-confidence is built on the right attitude.
- To do something important and new, believe in your abilities.
- It takes time and consistent positive action to build self-confidence. By having a positive attitude to build self-confidence and willingness to overcome obstacles in your career will contribute to a better self.
- 9 TED TALKS to boost your self-confidence
Leave a Comment
Comments: 0  Click to see